African Peanut & Spinach Stew
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
• 2 bunches of spinach, cored
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• 6 tablespoons peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
• 1 can butter beans, drained (or any kind of cooked beans)
• Chilli (optional)
• Oil for frying
1. Sauté chopped onions and garlic in a bit of water/oil until translucent.
2. Add spinach and sauté until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Make the sauce: Whisk together the vegetable stock, peanut butter and ginger in a bowl until well combined.
4. Add the sauce and the can of beans to the onion and spinach and mix well. Cook over low heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
5. Taste and add salt & pepper if needed.
6. Serve with cooked rice.