Asian-style Ramen Bowl
1/2 packet of Happy Earth People Chickpea pasta
200 g baby pak choi
2 spring onions
100 g Mixed mushrooms
1 fresh red chilli
1 stick of lemongrass 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
5cm piece of ginger, roughly chopped
60 ml Miso Paste (dark)
30 ml Tomato Paste
800 ml vegetable stock
1 teaspoon fish sauce , (optional)
1 teaspooon soy sauce
Fresh coriander sprigs
1. Cook Happy Earth People red lentil pasta according to the package instructions.
2. Trim and prepare the pak choi. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, mushrooms and chilli.
3. Hit the lemongrass on a chopping board with a rolling pin until it breaks open, then add to a large saucepan along with the garlic and ginger
4. Place the pan over a high heat, then pour in the vegetable stock. Bring it just to the boil, then turn to low and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes on low boil, add your miso and tomato paste and stir until combined. Then add in the pak choi, mushrooms and chilli and gently cook until they are wilted but still crunchy.
6. Serve the broth in bowls, adding a portion of the cooked red lentil pasta to each bowl, season with fish sauce (if using) and soy sauce, topped with spring onion and serve with wedges of lime and fresh coriander