Roasted Almond Chocolate Block
Get your chocolate fix with a dose of Cacao. Cacao is an amazing antioxidant - 40 times more so than blueberries. It’s also the highest plant-based source of iron there is and the highest plant-based source of magnesium - (the most deficient mineral in the Western world) and has loads of calcium.
• 6 Tbsp whole almonds
• 4 Tbsp coconut oil
• 2 + 1/2 Tbsp raw organic cacao powder
• 2 + 1/2 Tbsp ground xylitol
• 2 heaped Tbsp hazelnut butter
• 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
• rectangle bread tin
1. Line the bread tin with baking parchment paper making sure you include the sides.
2. Roughly chop the almonds using a sharp knife. Place them in a pan over a low heated stove and roast until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Heat the coconut oil on low until it melts. Remove from heat and stir in the hazelnut butter, xylitol and cacao until well combined. Mix in the roasted almonds and salt.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
This recipe was shared with us by the Banting Blondes, see more about them on www.thebantingblondes.com
Tip: Consult a great nutritionist in Cape Town for more tasty, healthy recipe ideas to suit your specific needs.