This 4-day teacher training in Cape Town is available to anyone passionate about bringing yoga and mindfulness to children. It focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. YogaBeez incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga and mindfulness practice blended with Montessori philosophy and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child. Minimum of 2 year yoga practice is required.
What we cover in the weekend:
* Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child appropriate poses
* Discover and practice classroom management skills
* Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
* Understand mindfulness for children
* See how yoga comes to life with music and books
* Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
* Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
* Stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
* Learn how to incorporate education and exercise stimulating the “Whole” child
* Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
* Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
* Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching your first class with this age group.
What you will receive:
* A newfound relationship with your inner child
* 4 days of practical, hands-on children's yoga
* Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and much more
* Lesson plans and ideas to create many more
* Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children
* Access to Liability insurance
* Continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance
* Lising on YogaBeez "Find a Teacher" page and access to a wonderful international forum of children's yoga teachers
Fee: R6500 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance R6000 (early bird fee to be paid in full by 22 December 2017)
If you would like any further information, a booking form or would like to chat about this training please don't hesitate to contact me on email@example.com.
Best wishes and Namaste,
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead.