Yoga4Kids has been running internationally accredited children’s yoga teacher trainings endorsed by the Yoga Teachers Fellowship since 2005.
Module 1 is a two-day weekend course that is open to all people who would like to know how to bring yoga, meditation, heart consciousness and mindfulness to children.
Teaching children's yoga is about encouraging children to:
- Have fun in a creative & non-competitive space
- Form a loving and confident relationship with self
- Live in harmony with themselves & others Balance mind, body & self
- Change state & manage energy levels
- Constantly shift towards positive emotional behaviour & wellbeing
Module 1 will cover the following topics:
- Why we practise yoga with children.
- How to bring rules and disciplines into your classroom.
- Age Appropriate discussions on how to teach children and structure classes relevant to the age of a child.
- Exploring the emotional, mental & physical benefits of yoga exercises for children.
- Yoga Poses and how we can use these to create a dynamic and fun interactive class for children.
- Teaching children how to breathe deeply bringing a calm & mindful way to their lives.
- Practical examples of meditative & energizing breathing exercises.
- Preparing children for warm-up or Asana.
- Exploring story & yoga Asana.
- Creating stories for the main part of yoga classes for children.
- Exploring yoga, games, imagination & music for yoga classes for children.
- Exploring affirmations, meditations & visualizations for yoga classes for children.
- Learning Savasana & how to bring relaxation to children.
- Teaching yoga to children with special needs.
- Using props, using music, games and so much more.