Start your journey towards becoming an internationally-accredited children's yoga teacher at the Yoga4Kids Module 1 training weekend in Cape Town!
Module 1: Theory
This is a two day workshop held on a Saturday and Sunday. This fun and resourceful weekend focuses on theory. This
training [presented by Suzie Manson (SYT) or Lara Potgieter] teaches you to bring yoga in a creative way to children
from ages 3 – 12.
Areas covered include:
- Childhood developmental stages. Here we look at the emotional, physical, mental and energetic
development milestones of children aged 3 – 12. We explore how to effectively teach yoga to each stage of
- What makes a children’s yoga teacher successful? Here we explore the relationship between you (as a yoga
teacher) and school teachers, therapists and/or parents present in the teaching environment. We will discuss
how to have a rapport with the children in these environments and also how to communicate what yoga is to
children at various stages of their development. We will discuss how to express and share the positive
benefits of yoga with parents, school teachers and therapists so as to bring about a beneficial and joyful
association with yoga for all.
- How to teach yoga as a discipline and implementing safe practices in your classroom.
- The structure of a children’s yoga class which includes the introductory breathing and heart openers, yoga
asana, meditations, relaxation, yoga games, creative activities and breathing practices.
- Age appropriate anatomy and physiology.
- Exploring the emotional, mental and physical benefits of yoga asana’s for children.
- Creating age-appropriate lesson plans (YogaTots ages 3 – 7 and YogaKids ages 8 – 12).
- Practical examples of meditative and energizing breathing exercises.
- Preparing children for Yoga Asana using warm-ups and breathing techniques.
- How to teach creatively using story, books, movies, cultures, environments and curriculums as yoga
- Exploring yoga, games, imagination and music and other sensorial props to create fun, dynamic and
interesting children’s yoga classes.
- Exploring affirmations, meditations and visualizations for children’s yoga classes.
- Learning Savasana and how to bring relaxation to children.
- Index of books, music, meditations and references for a successful class.