24 days intensive, residential yoga teacher training in the nature of South Africa...
Immerse yourself in a month long, residential ashram experience in nature for your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification (YTTC). Situated at the beautiful Guinevere Guest Farm, you will be able to live the yogic lifestyle while training to become a yoga teacher. This teacher training will assist you in becoming an authentic yoga teacher, with a deep understanding of the theoretical as well as embodied aspects of yoga. By immersing yourself in the daily routine of an ashram-based lifestyle, you will not only learn the course material but also the holistic yogic experience.
Fran Siebrits is the course facilitator and main teacher, guiding your journey along the sacred transformational path of the ancient and modern yogi (www.tuningin.co.za).
In this intensive course you will study the philosophy of yoga, it’s history and how this relates in today’s world. We will cover yoga theory, anatomy and physiology, yogic language, class sequencing, chakras and energy centres, the importance of the breath and specific breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation, as well as many ancient tools for healing and alignment.
Held at Guinevere Guest Farm situated just outside of Cape Town, South Africa. The farm house is situated on 95ha of private land nestled amongst the indigenous fynbos, in which one can immerse in nature and the tranquility of the abundant fynbos and bird life. The simple but comfortable farm style accommodation combined with the beautiful studio space where the teacher training will take place as well as the vast open spaces creates the perfect nurturing environment where self-discovery, empowerment and deep healing can be explored. The monastery-style farm house has 9 en-suite bedrooms on the first floor along with a swimming pool and lounge area to relax and unwind in. The downstairs facilities include a large well-equipped kitchen for group catering, a cosy lounge and dining hall with fireplace for meal times. There is also free Wi-Fi access throughout the whole house.
The catering will be done by Carly, the in-house yogi and chef. She focuses on vibrant organic produce and all the meals will be vegan and vegetarian. Combining her various and varied skills, Carly brings a stylishly earthy insight into nature’s bounty, sharing her knowledge about herbalism, wild food foraging and farm-to-table cooking, making sure that the students are well nourished throughout their time here.
INCLUSIVE OF YOUR 24 DAY IMMERSION
- Full 200 hour Yoga Certification Programme (postures, breathing techniques, meditation training, teaching skills, sequencing, philosophy applications, Ayurveda, chakras, and more)
- In-depth, authentic teachings with yoga teacher, movement specialist and transformation facilitator Fran Siebrits (more about Fran: www.tuningin.co.za)
- Accommodation at Guinevere Guest Farm: www.guinevereguestfarm.com
- All meals (vegetarian, locally sourced, as organic as possible, based on Ayurvedic principles), lovingly prepared by in-house chef, owner, and yogi, Carly Esterhuizen
- Ashram-based yogic lifestyle
- Leisurely use of the guest house and tranquil farm environment
RESIDENTIAL TRAINING PRICE
- PRIVATE ROOM - KING BEDS W/ PRIVATE BATH
- Enjoy the comforts of this luxurious option
- Features: En-suite Master Bathroom, Private Balcony, Kingsize Bed
- EARLY BIRD:R38 000 PP- VALID UNTIL 1 JANUARY 2019
- NORMAL RATE: R42 000 PP
- SHARED ROOM - 3 DOUBLE BEDS W/ PRIVATE BATH
- Triple shared option
- Features: Full Ensuite Bathroom, shared balcony, 3 double beds,
- EARLY BIRD: R32 000 PP- VALID UNTIL 1 JANUARY 2019
- NORMAL RATE: R36 400 PP
YOGIC LIFESTYLE DAILY SCHEDULE
06:00am: Wakeup Time
06.30am to 06.45am: Mantra Chanting
06:45am - 08:15am: Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)
08:30am to 09:00am: Breakfast
09:30am to 10:30am: Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)
10:30am to 12:30am: Theory/Practical Session I
12:30am to 01:00pm: Lunch
01:00pm to 03:00pm: Resting Time/Self Study
03:00pm to 04:30pm: Theory / Practical Session II
04:30pm to 06:00pm: Yoga Practice (Asana, Pranayama, Meditation)
06:00pm to 06:15pm: Mantra Chanting
06.30pm to 07:00pm: Dinner
07:30pm to 08:30pm: Sanskrit training /Meditation /Group Discussions /Question Answer sessions /Satsangs
09.30pm: Bed Time
TEACHING METHODOLOGY & CERTIFICATION
You will be a certified through the Yoga Teacher Fellowship (YTF), but you don’t have to do this course just to teach yoga. It is a transformational experience which will enrich your life, whether you intend to teach or not. The knowledge and teachings are here to benefit you as a human being and as a yogic practitioner. A Yoga Teacher Training is a life changing experience!
Theory and practical learning throughout the residential training is accompanied by residential ashram-based yogic lifestyle. Participants are required to attend all sessions for the duration of the training.
Examination: Teaching assessment, practical yoga methodology assessment, written assignments, final exam