Almond Panna Cotta. Panna Cotta just got nuttier! Mouth watering and simply just irresistible!
450ml Rude Health Almond Drink
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp agar powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
25ml Amaretto (optional)
A handful of toasted almonds
For the compote:
A handful of fresh or frozen pitted cherries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. In a medium pan, add the Almond Drink, maple syrup and agar powder and stir well to combine.
2. Add the vanilla and almond extract and stir again.
3. Whilst stirring the mix continuously, place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Once it begins to boil, turn it down to a simmer for two minutes still stirring continuously.
4. Take it off the heat and add the Amaretto if using.
5. Pour the mixture into a jug. Divide the mix between the moulds or ramekins on a tray.
6. Leave the mix to cool to room temperature for 20 minutes and then put in the fridge to chill completely, for at least an hour.
7. Whilst cooling, make your compote by placing the berries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the berries are soft and broken up a little. This should take about 20 minutes.
8. To serve, turn the panna cotta from the moulds out on to individual serving plates or serve directly from the ramekins.
9. Top with the compote and toasted almonds.
recipe – Rudehealth.com